Thanks to all the wonderful people who supported our charity booth this weekend we raised 2012$ (CAD) for our charity partners. We will be donating 1007$ to the Edmonton Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC), 503$ to Youth Empowerment and Support Services (YESS), 301$ to Kids Need to Read (KNTR), & 201$ to Equality Now.
Highlights of the weekend:
- Thanks to the shiny Edmonton Expo organizing team, we held our first charity Serenity screening at a convention. The screening raised 572.35$ and many a door prize was handed off to attendees. We’re hoping to repeat the success at the next Calgary Expo and make the Edmonton screening an annual tradition *quickly searches for wood to knock*
- Much plotting relating to the expansion of the AB Browncoats charity booth to the Lethbridge Expo (we’re shooting for 2015) happened. There were giggles. And far too many games of “Cunning Hat Punch-buggy” while the plot thickened.
- Custom Geekspot magnets, exclusive to the Alberta Browncoats, made their debut at our charity booth. They looked AMAZING; Kaylee eating a strawberry drool-worthy!
- Happy Harbor Comics swooped in to save the day when our Square reader refused to read anything…
- We’re trying not to name drop but… a ruggedly handsome elder brother of a certain Cap’t stopped by to say hello.
- Ahem, now we’re name dropping. Famed cos-player and convention guest, Jessica Nigri, stopped by our booth to pick out her own cunning hat. We think it looks great on her!
Click on photos to enlarge.